10.11.2016

Two Fall-Inspired Layouts Using Shimmerz!

Hey everyone! I'm here with you today with two layouts that I shared on the Shimmerz blog yesterday.

First up, I have a layout that I created using some of my favorite fall-hued Shimmerz items that I paired with a cute picture of our beagle pup playing with his favorite football! 

I took a piece of brown faux leather patterned paper that reminded me of a football and used some Tidy Widy Texturez paste to tone it down a bit. You can see below on the edge of the page the difference the Tidy Widy made in the way the brown paper looked. 


I placed the brown paper on top of another sheet of black and white polka-dotted patterned paper and then sprinkled a few Vibez and Coloringz in Quit Yer Wine-n and No Yoking around to coordinate with the leaves I made.


To create the leaves that I lined up in a row around my photo, I used a water brush and various colors of Aqua Huez and Creameez paints to brush the colors onto several different leaf shapes that I cut out of white cardstock using my Silhouette.


I love how the oranges, reds, and yellows look against the brown paper and how much texture the leaves give my page! I completed my layout by placing a chipboard word sticker from the Maggie Holmes Gather collection under my photo for my title and journaled on a tag from my stash.



Shimmerz Paints Used: Tidy Widy Texturez, Quit Yer Wine-n Vibez, No Yoking Coloringz, Golden Wheat Shimmerz, 14 Carrots Aqua Huez, Crazy Daisy Aqua Huez, Green With Envy Aqua Huez, Just Peachie Creameez, Trippin' in the Tropics Creameez, and Great Fruit Creameez


Since I had a few leaves leftover from my layout above, I decided not to waste them and create another page!



I used a photo of my daughter playing in the leaves last year and layered a few of the leaves on a 3x4 journaling card that looks like woodgrain.


I used my brayer and some The Tide That Binds Texturez paste on a piece of white cardstock to create the colored circles. I also sprayed some No Yoking Coloringz onto it and let it dry before I used various sized circle punches to cut out the circles.


I placed the circles to help draw the eye around my page and to help soften the grid design and then sprinkled some Golden Wheat Shimmerz around for some soft sparkle.


Shimmerz Paints Used: The Tide That Binds Texturez, Golden Wheat Shimmerz, 14 Carrots Aqua Huez, Crazy Daisy Aqua Huez, Green With Envy Aqua Huez, Just Peachie Creameez, Trippin' in the Tropics Creameez, Great Fruit Creameez

Thanks for joining me today and I hope I've given you some fall layout inspiration!

2 comments: