10.08.2016

Hey Girl *Hip Kit Club*

Happy Saturday, friends! 

I have a new posting schedule for Hip Kit Club so I get to share another layout with you that I had on the HKC Facebook page yesterday!


I started my page design by using the Anchors Away Shimmerz paint from the September 2016 Color Kit to add some color to the black and white dotted patterned paper from the Maggie Holmes Gather Collection (available in the September 2016 Main and Paper Kits). After the paint was dry, I trimmed the edges of the patterned paper down a bit and placed it on top of the Flamingo cardstock from American Crafts. 

Next, I placed one of the HKC exclusive journaling cards from the September 2016 Project Life Kit near the center of my page to house my journaling and offset the photo of my daughter from it a bit. I also placed another piece of yellow patterned paper that I had used previously to punch out some heart shapes and layered it behind my black and white photo to help it pop off of the page. 

I layered lots of the Crate Paper Cute Girl Chipboard Accents from the September 2016 Embellishment Kit around my page and I just love the dimension they add! I tried to keep my design asymmetrical (when folded in half, it's not a mirror image on each side) instead of creating a normal symmetrical grid design to change up my creative process a bit. 

I hope I've given you some inspiration on how to create an asymmetrical design and how to utilize all of that lovely Cute Girl Chipboard! 


Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful long weekend! 


No comments:

Post a Comment