10.29.2016

October 2016 Project Life and A Layout! *Hip Kit Club*

Hello, crafty friends! Today I have two projects to share with you that I created using the October 2016 Hip Kits that were on the Hip Kit Club blog yesterday! 

First up, is my Project Life spread for the month of October... 


I used items from the October 2016 Project Life Kit to complete this month's spread. The HKC exclusive Project Life cards are always the inspiration for my color schemes in my PL album and they always pair so well with my photos. Since I use a 9x12 sized album, I often have to cut down the 4x6 cards into 3x4, but I always love how they end up looking after I embellish them! 

I used the Simple Stories Posh Collection letter stickers to accent the "Hello Oct." PL card that I sized down to 3x4 and added some stitching and gold glitter enamel dots to dress it up.



Since I had a lot of fall-themed photos in this month's spread, I made sure to accent my journaling cards so they coordinated with my overall color scheme. The coral and aqua-hued painted wood veneer embellishments from We R Memory Keepers (available in the October 2016 Main Kit) really added pops of color in just the right spots on my spread.





Next up, I have a 12x12 layout that I created using one of the cut files from this month and items from Simple Stories and We R Memory Keepers that are available in the October 2016 Embellishment Kit.


I had some really great photos of my daughter that I took after we bought pumpkins to decorate around our house for fall so I printed several of them off and layered them on top of the square style cut file available in the October 2016 downloads on the HKC website.



The photos fit perfectly around the cut file so I created a loose grid design using smaller embellishments that I clustered around the photos to sort of connect them all together.



I chose the navy blue patterned paper by Dear Lizzy from the October 2016 Paper Kit to use for my cut file because I love how it popped against the polka-dotted patterned paper from Simple Stories. It also coordinated wonderfully with my photos.




I layered accent stickers, chipboard elements, and ephemera from We R Memory Keepers and Simple Stories around my page for embellishments.


I really love how this page turned out. Be sure and check out my process video for both of these projects below!
  
  

Thanks so much for joining me today and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment