2.12.2016

JustNick Guest Designer and A Free Cut File!

Happy Friday, friends!

I'm so thrilled to be a guest designer over at JustNick today! If cut files are your jam then this is the place to go for all of your cut file needs! Seriously...there are some amazing cut files designed by my fellow Hip Kit Club DT member, Nicole Nowosad and tons of inspiration from her team on how to use them on the blog!

I created two layouts using some of her amazing files for my guest spot and the first one is titled "Lego Love"...


For this page, I used the Snowflakes cut file from her shop and the "Love" sentiment from the "That's Amore" freebie cut file that you can download for free using the code SWAKFREE at checkout by February 29th, 2016. I resized and cut out the snowflakes from a piece of white card stock and then layered it over a piece of sea foam green card stock.


I cut the snowflakes out again using a bright, aqua piece of card stock and layered several of them on top of the cut out snowflakes from the white card stock.


I used the "Love" sentiment as part of my title and placed the "Lego" foam letters on top of the heart. I really like the contrast the black and white elements give my page and the snowflakes were the perfect motif for the photos of my daughter holding her Frozen Lego castle she built all by herself.



For this next layout, I used the Brick Circle cut file and the SWAK sentiment that's also from the freebie cut file.


I enlarged the brick circle and placed various pieces of patterned paper under each brick. Then I added several of the SWAK sentiments and sized them to fit inside of the bricks.


I used black thread and my sewing machine to stitch around the entire brick circle and layered several chipboard stickers around my photos to help draw the eye around the circle.


I printed my photos off in black and white for added contrast and to coordinate with the black elements on my page. 


Please be sure and head over to the JustNick blog to download the Freebie Cut File that was designed just for my guest spot. It's perfect for all of you Valentine's Day projects or love inspired layouts!

Thanks so much for joining me here today and I want to thank Nicole for having me as a guest DT as well!

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. LOVE both your LO's, but particularly the SWAK circle one!
    Have been to JustNick blog and got my freebie and purchased the Brick Circle cut file - now off to have some fun! Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete