2.16.2016

Just 4 Us *Hip Kit Club*

Hello friends! 

I'm sharing this layout that I created on the Hip Kit Club blog today using the lovely February 2016 Hip Kits and one of the February 2016 cut files designed by our very own Kim Watson!


I started creating this page by cutting out this cut file using one of the Better Together Amy Tangerine patterned papers available in the February 2016 Main Kit and layering it on top of a piece of the Pink Paislee Ce'La Vie - Paper 12 patterned paper.

just4us3

I layered bold yellow pieces of patterned paper from Paper 10 of the same Pink Paislee collection under the words "Life", "Fun", and "Us" to make the words stand out on my page. I also added a few pieces of the aqua striped patterned paper for added color contrast and to soften all of the pops of yellow.

just4us4

I used a yellow sunburst photo frame from the Shimelle Chipboard Sticker pack that's available in the February 2016 Embellishment Kit to frame the 3x3 photo of me and my husband waiting at the airport to leave for our anniversary trip together. I also painted several of the wood veneer hearts and a couple arrows from Studio Calico (available in the February 2016 Project Life Kit) using some of the pink Shimmerz texture paint from the January 2016 Color Kit to add another bright color to my page.

just4us6

I journaled in one of the open spots of the cut file and added the "noted" sticker from the Amy Tangerine Sticker Book to draw the eye toward my journaling and to coordinate with the pops of yellow on my layout.

just4us5

I just adore the color combination possibilities in the February 2016 Hip Kits! If you're a fan of bold and bright or soft and muted, these kits have a little bit of both to accommodate your projects and your tastes! 

Thanks so much for stopping by...I hope you have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment