2.09.2016

January 2016 Project Life *Hip Kit Club*

Hello and happy Tuesday, everyone!

I'm so excited to share my first Project Life spread for the new year with you today! I'm also sharing this on the Hip Kit Club Facebook page. I changed up my entire design for 2016 and I'm so thrilled with the results!


I used the January 2016 Hip Kits for this spread. I love how well the pink and gold accents paired with the black and white patterned papers that I used for my spread. I've always used a 12x12 album for my PL, but this year I'm jumping on the 9x12 bandwagon and loving the results!


I printed my photos off in a different size (adding more white space) and typed my journaling at the bottom under the photo, which was completely different for me, but I love how it turned out! And I love how much easier it is for me to journal using this new design.


I used some of the My Mind's Eye My Story Rub-ons and I really like how easy it was to add them to my photos and how they look like they were printed off of my computer.


Another change I made to my 2016 PL album was documenting the full month on a spread instead of just a week. I don't take as many photos as I used to since my kiddos are in school full time so this helps take the pressure off of never having enough photos for a week's spread. 


I love how I still have lots of room to embellish and decorate my spread and how I can easily incorporate more photos if I have to in later months.


I was really nervous about switching up my PL design and process since I've been doing it for so long, but the change has really refreshed my creative mind and has given me a lot more inspiration for this year's album. I hate to admit it but I was actually getting a little bored with my PL so this was just what I needed to power through.


Have you decided what format your'e using for Project Life this year or are you sticking with your tried and true method? If you've never attempted PL, I hope I've given you a little inspiration to begin! It can be as simple or as elaborate as you want it to be. And if you have any questions about starting the process, please feel free to ask! I love sharing info about my PL and would be happy to answer :)

Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful and very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your layouts!! Very beautiful!! I'm using a 6x12 PL this year, and doing it monthly- hopefully it turns out !!!

    ReplyDelete