3.14.2012

washi tape DIY

What seems like forever ago...before Thanksgiving anyway...I started updating my youngest son's room (new paint, big boy furniture, new window treatments, new storage solutions, etc).  I've been wanting to post a complete overview of the project, but it seems I am STILL waiting on certain pieces to come together.  The items that I ordered on sale have been on backorder since January and I'm still trying to come up with a few decor pieces that really fit his personality.  Hopefully, (fingers crossed!) I can get his room done by the end of spring....hopefully...

I couldn't resist posting this little diy decor project that I whipped up for his room yesterday...





All I did was take a cheap frame, some washi tape (both from Target), a chipboard letter, and a brad an in about 10 minutes made a cute little decor object for his room.

 First, I took the washi tape and layered each strip over a piece of white cardstock measuring 5x7 to fit the inside of the matted frame.  Next, I misted my chipboard letter with some Mister Huey's Classic Calico, let it dry, and then attached the orange "hello" brad using a big Glue Dot.  Finally, I adhered the "J" to the washi tape background, removed the glass from the frame, and then assembled the frame back together.  I think it turned out great and it only took me about 10 minutes to complete!  That's my kind of diy project ;)  Enjoy!

Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. How fun!! It seems like it is always the little things that make the projects work.

    Penni @ www.afewofmyfavoritethings-penni.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Penni! With three kiddos, I live for the little things and simplicity, ha ha!

      Delete