12.21.2012

It All Started With A Tree

Happy Friday, friends!  We're gearing up for the big holiday weekend leading up to Christmas around here today.  The kids are out for winter break, we're headed to the city (STL) tomorrow, and I have a to-do-list a mile long (and not all of it is holiday-related)!  I know everything will get done, but I am a bit overwhelmed today :)

I'm particularly proud of myself for really putting some effort into decorating our house this year.  It was hard to decorate the way I really wanted to the past couple of years due to little ones wanting to upset everything that I set out or hung up!  This year is also extra special because it's officially "our" house (long story) and I was really inspired by this year's line-up of holiday decor from Target.

Here's a few shots of some holiday decor that I whipped up and set out that I really adore...


I was getting groceries the other day at Wal-Mart when I found this adorable little European tree with big glitter sparkles all over it!  I couldn't leave the store without it, but when I got home I realized I didn't have a container big enough to set it in.  So I went back the next day and found this white ceramic trash can on clearance (and covered in about six inches of dust!) and brought it home to set my little tree inside.


I used my Silhouette Cameo and turned a .png file (from Kelly Purkey's December Daily kit) into a cut file and cut that darling deer silhouette out using some chalkboard vinyl.  I added an enamel dot from My Mind's Eye for the red nose.  Then I added a red-striped ribbon around the top of the trash can and set my felt pinecones from Target around it.



I ordered the red cabinet (also from Target) about a week before and knew it would be the perfect spot to display my sparkly tree.  Since we don't have a fireplace or mantel, this serves as my compromise!


I also purchased the mercury glass bowl with antler stand from Target and the adorable white owl vase is from Ruche.


I added some felt acorns to the bowl for it's filler and Avery added a real one to the bunch just for fun!


I scored the super cute reindeer names sign from a friend of mine that makes amazing crafts and home decor goodies.  You can check out her Facebook page here.


I hope you enjoyed my little holiday decor rant ;)  I hope to have some more of my December Daily posted on here before Christmas, but I'm not making any promises, ha!  Have a great weekend and thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment