12.10.2012

December Daily (Day 1 - 5)

Happy Monday!  I've been quite sick the past several days, but I'm on the mend and I thought I would share some of my December Daily pages with you today.  

This is my second year doing a DD and I've forgotten how much I really treasure this special time during the year.  Yes, it's busy and somewhat stressful, but when I look through my album from last year all I can remember is the wonderful moments my family and I shared together throughout the month.  

I already posted my album cover last week so let's jump right in with Day 1 - 5...

I used many different products throughout this album, but mainly I stuck with my SC December Daily Kit , the 25 Days Class KitKelly Purkey's December Daily Kit and a lot of wonderful journaling cards and printables from Hello Forever.  If you have any questions or are wondering about a certain product, feel free to leave a comment and I will be happy to reply :)


For the opening (title) page I used the chipboard page that came with the SC Kit and some gold paint and glitter.  I knew I wanted to keep it simple and the "2012" badge (from Kelly Purkey) is actually attached to a transparency.  


Day 1 was all about holiday decor and getting the house together.  I always order poinsettias to place around our home every year.




On Day 2, I ventured to Target for the first time in months and spent most of my afternoon browsing their beautiful holiday collections and pretty much wishing I could change everything I had already put up in my house!  Ha!  

We were experiencing very warm weather that day and I decided to document that fact using a piece of snowflake vellum (from Kelly Purkey) that I placed over the shot of my dashboard temp reading.  I punched a hole out where only the outdoor temperature would be in focus, kind of like the blur button on Instagram, which was my inspiration behind the whole idea.  



Day 3 was fairly ordinary.  I caught my daughter listening to one of those recordable books from Hallmark that my mother had given her last year.  She loves that book and it stays out all year :)



On Day 4, Avery and I hung the stockings up on the banister and put out a few more decorations.



Day 5 was the day I got sick.  The only thing I did that day, other than my normal "mommy duties", was try to soothe my sore throat with some peppermint hot chocolate from McDonald's.  It was yummy, but I ended up resorting to Chloraseptic instead.


I sewed a sequin pocket on my page since I added an extra journaling card on the left.


Well, that's the first five days of my DD...I'll have more pages for you on Wednesday, so until then!

TFL!!!

4 comments:

  1. so happy to see this. your album is so bright and upbeat. the little touches like the punched vellum with the temperature peaking out is just too cute, adrienne. i so adore your approach to this tradition. thank you for sharing. hoping to get my first five days up here soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jamie :) I CAN'T wait to see your pages!!!! xo

      Delete
  2. I d like to know where you buy the plastics to make your album.
    Beautiful mini

    Xoxo
    Kk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The plastic photo sleeves and the transparency I used all came with the album and it is from Studio Calico. It was part of their December Daily Class and Kit. xo :)

      Delete