11.07.2011

a messy Monday

So we've decided to give our basement a makeover/facelift if you will.  Nothing major, just some new paint, furniture, and a whole new play area for the kids.  It's going to be part of their Christmas this year.  The electricians came today to do a little work so we can move our TV to a different area, next Tuesday the painter should be here.  Things are moving along quicker then I expected and I'm a bit overwhelmed by the mess (if you know me then you know I have OCD when it comes to cleaning and organization).  

Here's a peek at the BEFORE part of this project:

I know it doesn't look too bad, but my vacuum cleaner just broke so...


 Here's two of the four holes I now have in my ceiling :(


Ugghh....


On a happier note, my wonderful brother-in-law came down this weekend and helped me start construction on my daughter's play kitchen.  I just wished he and my sister lived closer because I could probably give him a part-time gig with all the projects I want to create :)

 This is going to be the sink.


 My hubby and brother-in-law working hard on the faucet :)


This chest of drawers will be the stove and oven.

I also have an armoire that will become the fridge, I'm just waiting on the hardware to arrive from Ikea...

Lots and lots of things going on around here...and just in time for the holidays :)

Happy Monday!





1 comment:

  1. I wanted to see the "kitchen set"- Thanks for posting the pics. It is going to be so cute!

    ReplyDelete