9.03.2016

Happy Together *Shimmerz*

Hello everyone!  

I shared this layout on the Shimmerz Paints blog yesterday. I used some of my favorite summer-inspired hues of the Coloringz, Creameez, and Dazzlerz paints from Shimmerz


I started by lightly misting the striped patterned paper that I chose to use as my background with some Don't Citron Me Coloringz spray. 


After the spray ink dried, I used a stencil and some of the Dazzlerz Pucker Up Pink dimensional paste to create the tiny triangles that I placed across my page. I love how the Dazzlerz dimensional paste really adds some brightness and texture to my layout, with just the right amount of color pop! 



After the paste dried, I started maneuvering my photos and embellishments around until I was satisfied with their placement. I typed my journaling and printed it off to fit inside one of the die cut frames I used from Hip Kit Club and then layered even more items here and there on my page. 


I wanted to add a little more color to my background paper, so I poured a little bit of the Well Blue Me Down and Oh Say Can U Sea Coloringz mist into separate containers and used the lids to create the circle array I added to my layout. I love how simple and subtle the circular shapes came out using this technique! 



To complete my layout, I layered my title "Happy Together" toward the bottom of my page and used some Creameez Lettuce Get Together to the white "happy" phrase using a watercolor brush so I could coordinate it with my color scheme.



I love how well the color scheme on my layout turned out thanks to the Shimmerz paints I used! I hope I've given you some summer-themed inspiration for your next page and a new technique or two for you to try! 

Shimmerz Paints Used: Coloringz - Don't Citron Me, Well Blue Me Down, Oh Say Can U Sea; Creameez - Lettuce Get Together; Dazzlerz - Pucker Up Pink

Thanks so much for joining me and I hope you have a fabulous day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment