9.07.2016

August 2016 Project Life And A Layout! *Hip Kit Club*

Hey crafty friends!

I shared two projects on the Hip Kit Club Facebook page yesterday that I created using the August 2016 Hip Kits. My theme or prompt for these two projects was to use black and white photos for a change. I love how they look against all of the bright and colorful pieces from the kits!

First up is my Project Life spread for the month of August...


I challenged myself to create this spread using only black and white photos. It's been a really long time since I've worked with the b&w, so it was sort of refreshing!


I used several of the exclusive Project Life cards available in the August 2016 Project Life Kit and layered embellishments from Pink Paislee, American Crafts, and My Mind's Eye on top of them to create a colorful spread.


I cropped several of the patterned papers from the August 2016 Paper Kit and placed them inside a few of the pockets to better coordinate with my color scheme. Since the papers were rather busy, I kept the embellishing on them at a minimum.


One of my favorite items from the Project Life Kit were the mirrored acrylic shapes from Pink Paislee. They added just the right touch of neutral and bling to my spread!




Next, I have a layout that I created using a black and white photo as well...


I couldn't resist using the b&w pic with all of the colorful patterned paper and embellishments from the Crate Paper Cute Girl collection, available in the August 2016 Embellishment Kit.


I like how the photo stands out and how easy it was to coordinate this whole page with items from the August kits!


To create my layered background look, I simply used pieces of patterned paper that I cut into triangles for a different project and layered them across my page and under my photo.


The puffy words and the black and white Thickers from the Main Kit combined perfectly for my title and sentiments.


Be sure and "like" the Hip Kit Club Facebook page so you can get daily doses of scrappy inspiration from our designers!

Thanks so much for joining me today!

No comments:

Post a Comment