8.31.2016

Hello Today *Hip Kit Club*

Hello everyone! 

I'm here today sharing a layout that I created using the lovely August 2016 Hip Kits! Recently, my kiddos started back to school and I wanted to create a page that focused on the photos that I took of them on their first day back.

hellotoday1

Every year, I take a photo of each of them holding up their hands indicating what year of school they are in before they leave on their first day. I started by printing a photo strip of the photos I took that morning and then printed another one (using the same photos) a little smaller than the first strip so I could layer them under the "Always An Adventure" paper piece from the Amy Tangerine Oh Happy Life patterned paper that's available in the August 2016 Paper Kit. The two different sized photo strips really help to bring the focus to my photos and help them stand out on my page.

hellotoday2

I added my title using some of the Dear Lizzy Saturday Hello Thickers (available in the August 2016 Main Kit) by placing the "Hello" at the top of my page, above the smaller photo strip, and the "Today" near the bottom so it helps to draw the eye diagonally across my page and connect it to the photos.

hellotoday5

Of course, I couldn't resist adding lots of layers around my page by using a bunch of the Amy Tangerine Oh Happy Life ephemera and Crate Paper Cute Girl wood embellishments, which are also available in the August 2016 Main Kit, because the bright, happy, rainbow colors reminded me of all things back-to-school!

hellotoday6

hellotoday3

I hope I've given you some inspiration on how to focus on and document your kids' back-to-school photos. Thanks so much for joining me today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment