12.13.2011

christmas crafting with the kiddos

I was digging around in some Christmas decor boxes last week (looking for the Christmas tree ornaments) when I found a decorate-your-own felt snowman ornament making kit I had purchased waaaaay back in July when Hobby Lobby put all their holiday decor out.  Score!!!  So I decided the kids and I would have a "crafty day" over the weekend to mix up the usual routine and make these cute little fellas' to hang on our tree...


All in all, they were fairly easy to make...tie on the scarf, stick on the felt pieces, insert red cord through pre-cut hole to hang on tree, etc.  Not too difficult or time consuming, which was perfect for my two, four, and nine year olds :)   (A few of the sticky-backed pieces didn't want to stick so we did have to break out a little craft glue for those :)  Six came in a pack so each kid got to make two snowmen...

Garrison and Jubal with their creations.  

Due to a medium-sized fit threw moments before I broke out the camera, Avery refused participating in the documenting process via my camera so, oh well, maybe next time!

This craft could also be made by scratch (without an actual kit) very easily using felt, scraps of fabric, thread, a snowman body pattern, buttons, poly fill, etc.  It would take a while longer to prep, but if you have the stuff laying around I think it would be fun to put together!

I do believe there is another kit somewhere containing gingerbread people, so if I find it before the end of the week we will be doing another "crafty day" this weekend :)

What crafty Christmas things have you been making?

No comments:

Post a Comment