1.31.2012

big girl

This past Saturday I woke up and was ready...ready to ditch the diapers and go full force into potty training Avery.  I took her to Wal-Mart and let her pick out her own undies and some candy that would be used as some positive reinforcement (or bribe, depending on how it goes :)  We came home and I immediately began the process...so as of 1:30 p.m. on Saturday, Avery became a Big Girl.

Potty training on Saturday afternoon and evening went very well, no accidents at all, but Sunday was a different story.  I think I washed at least five pairs of Hello Kitty underwear on Sunday, but I wasn't going to get discouraged or let her know that I was a little disappointed (and rethinking all of this!).  Yesterday, however, she did fantastic! She woke up dry and stayed dry ALL day, she even got to the point where she wasn't asking for candy after each flush.  I felt like we spent the entire day in the bathroom, but she was very proud of herself and continued on telling me that she is "potty taining".


I'm so proud of her and I know she's proud, too :)  This is the end of an era!

No comments:

Post a Comment