1.13.2018

Elle's Studio Guest Designer!

Hey everyone and happy 2018! 

I'm excited to announce that I am a guest designer over at Elle's Studio this month! I am designing three projects using their latest releases and here is my first project...


I used a piece of kraft cardstock for my background paper and placed the “I Love You More Than All The Stars In The Sky” die cut next to the photo of my husband and I, which I layered on top of the striped patterned paper from the XOXO 6″ x 6″ Paper Stack.


Next, I visually balanced out my design by using two more patterned paper pieces from the XOXO 6″ x 6″ Paper Stack and cut them to fill in the white space under my photo and the sentiment die cut piece. Since I love to layer and create embellishment clusters, I utilized the space on the patterned paper pieces under my photo for just that.


I placed several die cut and Hand Drawn Acrylic Hearts and tags from the Love You Die Cut on the patterned paper squares and I also used some of the leftover pieces from the striped patterned paper that I layered under my photo to create a pocket to house my journaling card, which I sewed onto the page.


I simply placed the piece of patterned paper onto my page and used my sewing machine to stitch around three sides of it to create a little pocket. This is a great way to add texture to your page while hiding some of your private journaling!
 

I also included several of the Star Chipboard and Hugs and Kisses Puffy Stickers to add some dimension and color pop to my design. I love how the softer colors from the XOXO 6″ x 6″ Paper Stack look paired with the pops of black and white!

You can check out my full post on the Elle's Studio blog...thanks so much for stopping by and I hope your New Year is off to a great start!

No comments:

Post a Comment