10.21.2017

Crazy Fun *Shimmerz Paints*

Hello, crafty friends! 

I'm here today with a layout that I created using some lovely Shimmerz Paints products including Acritonez, Vibez, and Coloringz! I also shared this on the Shimmerz blog today! 


I prepped the thin blue and white striped patterned paper that I chose to use for my background with some Acritonez in "3 Sheets To The Wind" and swiped it in thin layers across the paper using an old gift card. After it was almost dry, I lightly spritzed some Vibez, a pigmented spray with shimmer, in "Blue Jeans" around my page and then added a few spritzes in some "Pretty In Pink" Coloringz spray that is non-shimmering. I love a healthy mix of both! I also added a little bit of black to my background using some Acritonez in "Shimmerz Tar, Tar" and some bubble wrap to create a little more texture. Simply swipe the Acritonez on a small piece of bubble wrap with a dry paintbrush and lightly press it onto your paper!


Once that was dry, I layered a few pieces of patterned paper under my photo and placed the grouping in the middle of my layout. I also stuck a journaling card to the left side of my photo and punched out some different sized hearts in coordinating pieces of paper to add an extra shape element to my overall design.


I had some white foam stickers and phrases that I wanted to use for the title of my page, but since the white was sort of washed out for my color combo, I took some Acritonez self-priming acrylic paint in "Shimmerz Tar, Tar" and a dry paintbrush and altered the color of the foam letters.


I also added the rest of my title using a stamp and some black ink to coordinate with the rest of the letters. I added a few splotches of black Coloringz in "Night Moves", too.


Thanks so much for joining me today and don't forget that you can alter other items to go along with your color scheme just by using some Shimmerz! Have a great day, everyone! 






No comments:

Post a Comment