9.11.2017

First Day 2017 *Shimmerz Paints*

Hello, crafty peeps! I have this layout that I created using some of my favorite Shimmerz products documenting my kids' first day back to school up on the Shimmerz Paints blog today. I seriously can't believe how much they grew this summer and are starting another year so soon!


With most of my layouts, I usually choose a piece of patterned paper or cardstock first and then add some Shimmerz to create or enhance the background. For this layout, I swiped some Acritonez self-priming acrylic paste in 3 Sheets to the Wind across the stripes on the patterned paper using the flat end of an old gift card and then chose some Coloringz spray inks in No Yoking, Pretty in Pink, and Oh Say Can U Sea to lightly mist on top of the Acritonez after it dried a bit.


I also lightly dabbed some of the excess Coloringz ink up using a paper towel so it muted the effect of the color a little bit.


I felt like my page needed some more dimension, so I grabbed some Dazzlerz texture paste in Tutti Frutti, which is a beautiful light pink color with just a hint of shimmer, and a stencil so I could add some smaller confetti style dots around my layout. I also accented my page using some punched out stars and enamel dots to mix up the dimension and detail.


I love how well the colors turned out using the Shimmerz and how fun and happy the overall design of my page turned out!


Thanks so much for joining me and I hope you have a great day! 






No comments:

Post a Comment