12.30.2014

DIY Crate Paper Chipboard Frame Tree

Hello crafty friends!

I'm way behind in my posts due to the holiday craze and the fact that we are renovating our main living area in our home right now so I apologize for the absence around here ;)

Anyway...I'm here today sharing a quick and easy DIY photo frame tree that I created using one of my favorite Crate Paper embellishments...chipboard frames!


I found the inspiration for this idea in one of my favorite home decor catalogs.  I just love how the photo frames are arranged like a tree and I knew that the Open Book Chipboard Frames would be perfect to help me mimic this idea with my craft supplies.



First, I chose the frames I wanted to use and arranged them in a "tree" shape.  Next, I printed off a few "holiday-themed" photos of my children to fit inside some of the chipboard frames.



Then I backed a few of the frames with patterned paper and a journaling card from the Notes & Things collection so I could add chipboard sticker embellishments and vellum shapes from the Open Book collection on top of them.



I used my hot glue gun to adhere the frames together, carefully overlapping each one.




I punched a hole at the top of the tree and placed some of my favorite red and white striped ribbon through the hole so I could hang the photo frame tree up, but it can also be leaned up against the wall or on top of a larger frame.


I want to wish you all a happy New Year!  Thanks for stopping by today!





No comments:

Post a Comment