9.24.2014

Crate Paper "Minimally Made" Tag Mini Album

Hello friends!

Lately, I've been striving to create with a more minimal and simple design in my projects.  I like digging through my stash and selecting only my favorite items and embellishments before I begin a project like this Tag Mini Album I created using the new Notes & Things collection from Crate Paper. 


I admit that mini albums used to send my stress meter soaring when I first started making them.  I would focus too much about materials and the size or the "theme" of the album and not enough time on what was really important, which were the photos and the memories that I wanted to document. 


I started choosing lots of mixed tags from the Notes & Things collection to begin my album.  I also used several journaling cards from the collection to mix up the page sizes of my mini album, which helps create a more layered look. 


I punched a small hole using a hole puncher in the top of each card so I could easily slip the journaling cards onto the metal ring holding the album together.  


I printed most of my photos out at 2x3 and 2x2 so I still had room for some minimal embellishing on the tags. 


Every few months I end up having lots of random photos of things on my computer that I love for one reason or another and that are usually uploaded to my Instagram feed.  I love to make a mini album now and then to keep those photos in their own special place, like I did here.  The Notes & Things collection was a perfect match for these photos because it isn't too "themed". 



I left some of the tags and journaling cards "as is" because they were perfect just the way they were for my mini.  




I used several of the chipboard frames from the collection, as well as some of the stickers to embellish some of the photos in my album.





Keeping it simple is such a great way to focus on the things that really matter, such as your favorite photos and the memories that go along with them.  A mini album doesn't have to be complicated or take up a lot of time to create...it just has to be filled with what you love and what is important to you. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment