1.12.2017

Hello Little One *Shimmerz Paints*

Hello, everyone! I was up on the Shimmerz blog a couple of days ago where I created this layout using lots of Shimmerz paints, including one of the newest releases...Acritonez!!!


My newest niece was born this past Thanksgiving and I just love this sweet photo of her taken when she was just a couple of days old! I was really inspired to use some soft colors and gold accents so I started by using a stencil and some Dazzlerz in Tutti Frutti to create the heart background on my striped patterned paper.


I also used some Dazzlerz in Sea U In The Mornin', which is a lovely minty-aqua color, to transfer the sentiment "Love You To The Moon and Back" onto another piece of patterned paper. After the Dazzlerz dried, I used a piece of plastic packaging (aka "the packaging technique") to add some Coloringz mists in No Yoking and Pretty In Pink to that same piece of patterned paper. I added my title to the paper piece and layered a few die cut floral embellishments from Crate Paper around the photos of my niece and around my page.


I really love the color of the Tutti Frutti Dazzlerz and although it's really hard to see in the photos, the hearts turned out a little too bright for my taste on this particular layout. So to remedy the situation I decided to use some Acritonez in 3 Sheets To The Wind on top of the hearts to tone them down and it totally worked! I just took a small sponge and dipped it into the Acritonez and dabbed the white paint over the hearts. The dabbing effect also added a little extra dimension to my page as well, but it is a little hard to tell from the photos.


I completed my layout using some Oh Say Can U See Coloringz on top of the hearts using the packaging method once again and added a few more gold embellishments!


Shimmerz Paints Used: Acritonez - 3 Sheets To The Wind; Coloringz - No Yoking, Oh Say Can U Sea, Pretty In Pink; Dazzlerz - Tutti Frutti, Sea U In The Morning

Thanks so much for joining me today and I hope I've inspired you to grab your favorite Shimmerz paints and some paper and start creating today! Have a wonderful week and be sure and mention my blog when you place your order to get some FREE paint from Shimmerz!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment