12.02.2014

Love This *Crate Paper*

Hello everyone!

I'm sharing this post over on the Crate Paper blog today...

I find that Pinterest is a great source to jumpstart my creativity.  When I'm in a scrappy rut (or just crunched for time), I search Pinterest and always find something that inspires my next project or creation.  I especially like searching for images that are all about composition.  Here is an image that inspired the layout that I have to share with you today...




And here's my twist on it...


I started by printing my photos in a few different (square) sizes.  I found several pieces of patterned paper from the Open Book collection that complimented my photos and cut them into the same sized squares as the photos. 


Next, I cut the patterned paper squares in half diagonally and placed them around my photos and added several different embellishments from the Open Book collection on and around the triangles. 



I printed my journaling from my computer, cut it into thin strips, and added it underneath the photo of my daughter throwing leaves into the air.  



This next image I found on Pinterest inspired a simple card I created using items from the Open Book collection...




I layered several of the scrap pieces of patterned paper from my layout above as a base for my card, which is a great way to use leftovers!  I added a few triangle shapes that point toward the chipboard "love you" sentiment form the Open Book collection and placed a few gold glitter hearts on top of the stitched triangles. 


My layout and card came together easily with a little help from my Pinterest search.  Be sure and follow the Crate Paper Pinterest Boards to help inspire your next layout or project.  

Thanks for stopping by today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment