8.09.2012

This Is Where I Want To Be.

First and foremost, I want to give all of my blog followers a big XO for all the support and wonderful comments I've been receiving lately :)  I'm so glad you're enjoying my posts and layouts and I just want you all to know it means so much to me that I can provide a little inspiration for you in your own crafting and scrapbooking endeavors.  I'm truly honored that you take time out of your day just to stop by and check out my little blog :)  Thank you all so much, from the bottom of my heart!

Ok, ok...enough of the mushy stuff :0)

I played along with Studio Calico's Weekly Challenge this week.  This week's challenge was to use a black and white photo on your layout so you wouldn't have any color matching issues with your photo and paper.  

Here's my layout...


I have to admit that I had a hard time with this challenge at first.  I've been using very brightly colored photos in my layouts all summer long (thanks to my Snapster app on my iPhone :) and I honestly couldn't remember the last time I scrapped a black and white one.  I spent at least an hour scouring my pics looking for the perfect black and white contrast when I found this photo of myself my shadow snapping a pic of the beach while we were on vacation.  When I found it, I knew it was the one.


I intended to use a lot more colors and patterns, but the photo wasn't matching up with anything I liked so I went a little more monochromatic.  I still really like the way it turned out though ;)

I used my Summer of '69 kit +Add-ons for this layout.  I used my Cameo to cut out the "geotags", "HERE arrow", and the "THIS IS WHERE I WANT TO BE" sentiment.


Have a great weekend everyone!  TFL!!!

4 comments:

  1. Saw this too in the gallery...I like the color composition alot. Appreciate your way with layering. Enough so that I added you to my google reader so as to keep up with your creativity and inspiration. Thanks for uplifting us all.
    ~j

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jamie! I appreciate your support and kind words :) xo

      Delete
  2. just fantastic ! love the idea of the B&W shadow photo and the colour combo of your LO!

    ReplyDelete