8.09.2012

Oh Happy Day

I signed up for August's class Trendspotting at Studio Calico and our first assignment was to use triangles on our page.  I have to admit that I've never really focused on the shape, but after creating this layout, I will definitely be using them more often!  


I cut the triangles out of my background paper using a craft knife and a little patience.  Then I slipped pieces of black and white polka dot patterned paper behind them and adhered them with tape on the back of the page.  I think it adds a really nice "pop".


I used the multi-colored hexes to add another triangle element to this layout as well.  The background paper is also comprised of tons of tiny triangles which helped me in lining up my cutout triangle shapes.
 

I used my new SC kit +Add-ons for this page and the "oh happy day" and "arrow and heart" journaling cards were bonus downloads from the class.  

Well, it's Thursday already!  This week has flown by :)  Have a good one and TFL!

2 comments:

  1. I spotted this lovely project in the gallery. You have a great style that is fresh and clean and congruent. Glad to have found your blog.
    ~jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment, Jamie! I'm so glad you're enjoying my blog...you made my day, xo

      Delete