10.10.2017

Birthday Fun! *Shimmerz Paints*

Hey, crafty friends! 

I'm sharing this layout on the Shimmerz blog today documenting my daughter's 8th birthday that I created using some Paste-eez, Vibez, and Coloringz!


I began the design for my layout with a piece of gray and white diagonal striped pattern paper and a stamp from my stash that spells out "FUN". I placed the photo of my daughter in the general area where I wanted it to be and stamped the "FUN" sentiment around my page in random places. I used some StazOn ink in black for the stamping because it dries quickly and doesn't run when I add color or watercolor ink to it.


I used a dry watercolor brush and dipped it in some Vibez, "Razzledazzle Berry" and Coloringz in "No Yoking" and "Mamma Sings the Blues" and lightly brushed the colors inside of the "FUN" stamp outlines.


Next, I added some textured dots or "sprinkles" all around my layout using a stencil and some Paste-eez smooth dimensional paste in "Baby Boy Blue". I love how the Paste-eez has a flat finish without any shimmer or shine to it. 


Next, I added some letter stickers next to one of the stamped sentiments to create my title. I love how the colors mix with the pops of black and white around my page! To complete my design, I added several large fringed butterfly embellishments and called it done!


Using a stamp word phrase or sentiment and some Shimmerz Paints spray ink is a great way to add a little twist (and color) to your page or project! Thanks for joining me and I hope you have a wonderful day! 






No comments:

Post a Comment