2.20.2017

Serious Puppy Love *Shimmerz Paints*

Hello, everyone! 

I'm here today with a layout that I shared on the Shimmerz Paints blog a couple of days ago. I created this page using LOTS of Coloringz spray ink and a little bit of Dazzlerz dimensional paste...


To begin, I used the negative piece of a heart cut file that I had in my stash and adhered it to another piece of white cardstock using a few pieces of washi tape. I placed it in a shallow box so the overspray from the Coloringz didn't go all over my craft room!


Next, I chose five colors of Coloringz spray ink in Heidi Ho Blue, No Yoking, Oh Say Can U Sea, Don't Citron Me, and Pretty In Pink and randomly spritzed them all over the cardstock. I also blotted off some of the excess spray using a paper towel before I removed the stencil. 


Please forgive me because I totally forgot to snap a photo of what the bottom piece of card stock looked like when I was done! Lol! But, I ended up fussy-cutting the hearts out of the paper after the spray ink had dried. You can see below that I used them to create embellishment clusters around my page...


Before I added the embellishments and photos on my layout, I lightly dry-brushed some Dazzlerz dimensional paste in Tutti Frutti, which is a lovely light pink, onto the patterned paper that I chose to use for my background. I also splattered a few ink spots around my layout using some Punked Up Purple and Pretty In Pink Coloringz to coordinate with my overall color scheme.


I also punched out smaller hearts using some of the coordinating blue and white striped patterned paper that I used on my layout and placed them around the hearts that I created with the Coloringz for added dimension and contrast. 



I really love how this page turned out and I loved how easy it was creating some fun, fussy-cut embellishments from just a little bit of spray ink and cardstock! 

Thanks so much for joining me and I hope you have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment