12.17.2012

Hello Handsome

Happy Monday...how was your weekend?  We had a full one filled with lots of Christmas-y events!  I'm really in the holiday spirit, but I wish time would slow down a bit so it would all last a little longer.

I have another layout for you today that I created for my Member Spotlight at SC...

I had these great photos of my oldest son, Garrison, that I shot right before his first school dance last month.  I've been wanting to make a "tag-inspired mini" on a layout for a while now (see photos below on how I did that) and these pics proved to be the best opportunity to do so!


I used SC's November and December Kits +Add-Ons for this layout.  


Those adorable arrow wood chips are from Freckled Fawn.


Ok, here's how I made my tag-mini...

First, I gathered three tags, two for photos and one for my journaling, and embellished each one to my liking.  I typed my journaling using my Royal 440 typewriter.


Next, I adhered the last tag (the one with my journaling) directly onto my page.  


I punched a hole through the patterned paper directly under my tag, but not through the grey card stock.  Then I placed the other two tags on top, threaded my baker's twine through all three tags and the patterned paper that I made the hole through and tied a loose knot at the top to allow the tags to be flipped up easily.
 


It was such an easy (and different!) way to add a few more photos and my journaling onto my page.  I will definitely be doing more of this in the future!  I hope you give it a try, too :)


Have a great day and TFL!!!

2 comments:

  1. Huge congratulations on member spotlight!!! That is so great and so deserving. Your talent is amazing and shines through on this layout yet again!!! I love this one too.
    ~j

    ReplyDelete